Energy Advisor Training With BSG
Energy Advisor Training in Ontario with Barrier Sciences Group
Are you interested in becoming a registered energy advisor with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)? Or are you looking to upgrade your certification for the Energuide Rating System v15 (ERS v.15)? Barrier Sciences Group offers unique training courses to get you prepared for either the Foundation Level or Energy Advisor exam. The courses are open to all applicants, regardless of current Service Organization (SO) affiliations. The course is taught by an experienced trainer with years of industry expertise.
Why Become An NRCan Registered Energy Advisor?
- Canadians are becoming more energy-conscious and look to energy advisors to help them lower their energy consumption and energy bills.
- Builders must keep up with evolving building codes, and require energy advisors to assist them in meeting new energy codes.
- NRCan and utilities have numerous initiatives, such as rebates, that only energy advisors registered to deliver ERS v.15 audits can advise on.
- Enegy advisors work with an SO, but are ultimately free to be in charge of their own time.
Meet Your Trainer
Dave Miller has been with Barrier Sciences Group for 8 years, and in the energy rebate field for 10. His time both on the field and in the office has given him a diversified experience that he shares in the classroom.
Dave is a Registered Energy Advisor and a Quality Assurance Specialist. He is also a Certified Ontario Teacher, and has already helped many aspiring energy auditors pass both their foundation and energy advisor exams. His unique approach to teaching will help learn how to perform energy audits and help your future clients to the fullest.
Next Scheduled Training Courses:
Preparation for the Energy Advisor exam
Everything taught in this course is directly linked to the questions you will answer on the exam. There are both in-class and and in-field training. Your instructor will guide you through performing a blower door test, and examing the results using HOT 2000 software.
Location: Best Western,
Dates: April 23-26
Fee: $2,000 + HST
Course Topics Include
- EnerGuide Rating System
- Blower Door Training
- Hot 2000 Modeling
- Administration and Delivery of ERS Program
- Quality Assurance
- In-field Data Collection Procedures
Preparation for the Foundations Level Exam
Everything taught in this course is directly linked to the questions you will answer on the exam. There is in-class training to help you prepare for the fundamentals of being an energy advisor. The Foundations Level exam must be taken and passed before you can take the Energy Advisor exam.
Fee: $1,200 + HST
Course Topics Include
- Communication and Computer Skills
- Construction and Renovation of Low-rise Housing
- Building Envelope (New and Existing Homes)
- Heating, Ventilation and A/C
- Building Science Principles and House as a System Concept
Ready to sign up?
We have limited space available in our classes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-333-3920 to reserve your spot today.